>>> The big new this week was the opening of the new Amazon.com DRM free mp3 download store. Coverage includes:
- An Overview And First Look
- What The New Store Is...And Is Not
- Analysis & reaction from around the web
- A guest blog on "Why Amazon Will Do Nothing To Help The Music Industry". We'll have own commentary with the opposite viewpoint early next week.
- The new site lead the "Top 5 Favorite Places To Buy MP3 Downloads" on OurDigitalMusic
>>> On Oct 2 Starbucks begins giving away 50 million free tracks to promote the launch of the new iTunes wireless store.
>>> Controversial P2P hub Pirate Bay turned the tables and filed charges in Sweden against several major labels using evidence discovered in the recent hack of MusicDefenders.
>>> Hypebot offered its readers a poll asking which of the new ad supported music services would gain traction and on Friday morning it appeared that SpiralFrog or a huge SF fan may have tried to rig the results.