Concert Promoter Ad Platform,
Full Song Streams, Artist Royalties & More
Social music discovery service iLike has hit 30 million registered users and announced new features that include a new ad platform for concert promoters, limited full-length song playback and artist royalty payments via Rhapsody, and an initiative to enable music syndication via third-party developers.
AD PLATFORM: Promoters, clubs, agents and bands can now use iLike’s social, self-serve advertising tools to reach music fans across the top social networks. It enables advertisers to:
- Target fans based on location and musical tastes rather than key words;
- Quickly create multi-media ads, including music playback and social links
- Manage campaigns in multiple markets via auto-generated ads with self-populating concert data
- Tap into potential “viral spread” of concert info via built-in social hooks that encourage fans to invite friends to concerts.
- Info @ to iLike.com/advertise
FULL SONG STREAMS: Free full song streaming is now available up to...
25 plays monthly. Then users can sign up for a Rhapsody account or song samples are reduced to 30 second song samples. This feature will soon be extended to iLike's hugely popular Facebook application.
ARTIST ROYALTIES: Royalties will be paid for full song streams via Rhapsody's existing agreements. This differs from the more nebulous share of ad revenue payment offered by imeem and Last.fm.
DEVELOPERS: The new initiative which will launch later this quarter will allow developers to add song playback (songs and playlists) to their websites or Facebook applications.
iLike has built and launched dominant music applications on four of the top 10 social websites: Facebook, Orkut, hi5, and Bebo. With this initiative, iLike features will be available to any developer for use on other website thus expanding iLike’s footprint. iLike is now accepting early registration for developers at www.iLike.com/developer.