The system was created using open authentication technology OAuth which allows limited data to be shared between sites while protecting account credentials.
Syncing functionality includes:
- Status updates synced from MySpace to Twitter and vice versa
- Updates originating from MySpace will be noted as such on Twitter and vice versa
- Status syndication can be enabled for one-way or two-way
- When updates post to Twitter, readers have a link back to MySpace to make commenting easy
- Enables on-the-go status syncing (for Twitter and MySpace Mobile – WAP and apps)
- Open authentication technology (OAuth) protects account credentials and data shared between sites