Previously, fans on Facebook who wanted to purchase music or merchandise from an artist would be re-directed to a third party site like iTunes, and artists had no way to to track the purchase. Plus as Nimbit co-founder Phil Antoniades states, "People don’t spend three hours a day watching their iTunes application window...the power of friends watching other friends shop and purchase provides a new level of viral recommendation to a connected, like-minded network.”
With Nimbit MyStore for Facebook, fans don't leave the artist’s Facebook page enabling higher artist profit margins, capture of fan information and more control over the artist's brand. Every interaction with MyStore (comment, recommend, play, share, buy) is shared with that fan’s social network. Artists can also sell pre-releases to their Facebook fans and enlist them in generating buzz. All sales are tracked in real-time and get reported to SoundScan.
Nimbit MyStore features include:
- Facebook is a known user experience
- Sales directly on Facebook through a single shopping cart accepting all credit cards and PayPal
- Sale of digital tracks and albums, CDs, DVDs, T-shirts, posters, other merchandise, eTickets, and download cards
- Post and promote new releases, shows and tours
- Create and sell targeted promotions and custom packages based on fan buying behaviors.
- Installs quickly (video tutorial below)
- Physical warehousing and fulfillment
- Changes in content or catalog is automatically updated on Facebook
- Sales analytics
At launch, more than 300 artists are live with Nimbit MyStore on Facebook including developing artists like Chase Coy and Bang Camaro and established acts like The Alan Parsons Project and Tom Rush. “Nimbit has really done a fantastic job with Nimbit MyStore for Facebook,” said Dan Beach of Studio 8H. “We've set it up for my client, Tom Rush, and expect to add it to other client Facebook pages as well. This is by far the best application of its type I've seen.”
“Nimbit MyStore for Facebook merges the best of social networking has to offer with Nimbit’s Direct-to-Fan music business platform used today by thousands of artists,” said Patrick Faucher, Nimbit’s Chief Artist Advocate and CEO. “We’ve integrated deeply into the social fabric of Facebook so artists can market and sell to their fans in a completely natural and seamless way.”