MIDEM has launched a Twitter contest on for students and younger music industry professional. Now through December 9th you can win entry to the world largest gathering of the music industry. If you are between 18 and 26 years and not registered at MIDEM, add this message at the end of each of your tweet:
- # RT & WIN I am under 26 and I want to win a MIDEM VIP access +http://tiny.cc/Du6kl
One winner will be picked in a random drawing on December 16th. The prize is 2 MIDEM VIP passes plus 2 car transfers, 2 nights hotel and 2 invitations to the NRJ Music Awards.
For the third year, MidemTalent is promoting developing artists with strong export potential. From January 24-26, thirteen diverse artists and will perform at the Carlton Hotel in Cannes for those attending MIDEM.
A full list of artists and what's new at MIDEM 2010:
- ALEX HEPBURN (Warner-UK)
- DEPEDRO (Pias Recordings-Spain)
- DIVING WITH ANDY (Universal Music Classics-France)
- FRANCOIS BOURASSA (Effendi Rec.-Canada)
- HINDI ZAHRA (EMI Blue Note-France)
- KING CHARLES (mi7 Records-UK)
- LISA HANNIGAN (Hoop Recordings-Ireland)
- PACO VOLUME (Discograph-France)
- PLASTISCINES (Because-France)
- SOPHIE HUNGER (Two Gentlemen-Switzerland)
- THE BLACK SWAN EFFECT (Real World Rec.-UK)
- TIGRAN HAMASYAN (Plus loin Recording-France)
- WAYNE BECKFORD (Believe Digital-UK)
New at MIDEM 2010:
- MidemNet for free - Access to the digital business conference is included in MIDEM registration.
- MidemNet Lab - Discover the latest digital innovations through the juried selection of 15 promising start-ups
- MIDEM+ - Innovative networking solutions and one-on-one expert guidance
- Redesigned exhibition zone - Networking, knowledge and open meeting places right at the heart of the market.
- The Fringe - A new artist showcase .