MOG: A First Look
I'll be writing a longer post tomorrow morning that includes my interview with MOG.com CEO David Hyman. But before today gets away from me, I wanted to share a few first impressions of the MOG $5 per month unlimited streaming music service that launched today:
- MOG is more than a streaming service It combines social networking, playlists, blog content and music.
- You can be as passive (like Pandora) or active (like Napster or Spotify) a listener as you want to be.
- High sound quality. Streaming at 320kps. I believe that is a higher bit rate than any other streaming service.
- Nice interface. Like anything new that's trying to do a lot, it may take some time to figure it all out, but overall a stellar experience.
- 1 Hour Free Trail. It's nice that you don't have to give up credit card info, but how can the average fan decide if they like MOG an hour? After the hour, you can get 7 days free with a card, but still…
- Europe is next. Look for the UK and then more of the EU by the beginning of Q2 2010.
Check out the first impressions of Hypebot readers here and add to the discussion.