More News: Best Buy Earnings, RockMelt + Facebook, Bylin Speaks, MySpace Mafia, 7D & More
Best Buy fiscal first-quarter earnings fell less than analysts expected as online and mobile phone sales offset a continued decline in same-store sales. Shares were up 7.2% at $30.90 in recent premarket trading after declining almost 30% in the last 12 months.
- Social Web Browser RockMelt Teams Up With Facebook (NY Times)
- Former Hypebot Editor Kyle Bylin contributes his first full essay to Billboard and it's a great one: Can Spotify and Hulu Move Forward Without Killing The Businesses They Rely On?
- Is There a Myspace Mafia, Too? Because Leaving Seems to Have Paid Off for Many Ex-Execs. (All Things D)
- What does the future hold for intellectual property? The World Copyright Summit gave rise to more questions than answers. (Guardian)
Interview: 7digital CEO Ben Drury On HMV’s Digital Future (paidContent)
- Music recognition app SoundHound has grabbed the exclusive premiere of Pitbull's new single “Rain Over Me” featuring for two days.
- Warner Bros. Records and WEA announced a deal to place the soundtrack for the movie Transformers: Dark of the Moon in into the 6700+ stores of video game retailer GameStop two weeks prior to the film's June 29th release.
- Is HP trying to join the cloud music fray? (CNet)