Top Timing Tips for Social Media Posts
Last week I shared some research from Dan Zarella on timing and frequency of Twitter and Facebook posts and related research on email and blog posts. Here's a quick cheatsheet with just the top timing tips for Twitter, Facebook, email and blogs to maximize reader interaction.
- For retweets, post in the afternoon and late in the week.
- For clickthroughs, post no more than once an hour around 11 am and 5 pm and on weekends.
- For likes, post every other day.
- For shares, post very early in the morning, around 1 am to 3 am, and on weekends.
- For opens, send early in the morning and on weekends.
- For clickthroughs, send on weekends.
- For page views, post in the morning, around 10 or 11 am, and on Mondays.
- For comments, post early in the morning, around 7 or 8 am, and on weekends.
- For links, post often and early on Mondays and Thursdays.
Remember that Zarella worked from a large amount of aggregate data, over 9.5 billion emails from Mailchimp, for example, and that experimenting and keeping an eye on reader stats is key.