A weekly roundup of the latest promotions and deals in the world of music branding and marketing.
T-Pain threw a launch party in Vegas over the weekend for his new I AM T-PAIN MIC with its trademarked T-Pain Effect.
Heineken's use of a cover of the Dead Kennedys' Too Drunk to Fuck for a Kronenbourg 1664 campaign on Spotify has been forced offline due to its seeming promotion of excessive drinking though it sounds to me like a great reason to drink less!
- Budweiser Superfest returns with Jill Scott's Summer Block Party. The month-long concert tour will be hosted by Doug E. Fresh with music by DJ Jazzy Jeff and special guests Anthony Hamilton and Mint Condition.
- Kodak follows its Kings of Leon music video brand integration in Back Down South with a ticket giveaway for the band's summer shows.
- 106 & Park presents the Closer To My Dreams Tour featuring a youthful lineup of Tyga, Mindless Behavior, Diggy Simmons, Lil Twist, Jawan Harris and Trevante.
- Jason Richards considers the currently popular no publicity approach to publicity taken by such artists as the Weeknd and Shabazz Palaces. But if you're thinking of joining in, keep in mind that Pitchfork's Mark Richardson says it's "starting to feel a little bit like a cliche"!
- Incubus takes a direct and personal approach to marketing their new album and upcoming tour.
- See who showed up at Hypebot's online networking party.
- Throwback commercial: James Brown is the King of Soul and of Miso Soup!