The need to diversifying revenue streams is the mantra coming from every corner of the industry from indie music marketers to Edgar Bronfman Jr. on last week's WMG earnings call."Diversity, Not Just Digital Sales, Will Save the Recording Industry" offers a strong analysis by Glenn Peoples of Billboard. But too few stats exist, making it essential that as many artists as possible participate in the Future Of Music Coalition's Artist Revenue Streams study which launches soon.
- One month with Google+: why this social network has legs. (ars)
- iCLOUD: The Devil is in the Details (Berklee)
- Measuring Clout: 4 Music Charts Powered By Social Media (Mashable)
- Lollaplolooza will fund the Berklee Lollapalooza Endowed Scholarship providing tuition for one talented musician at the music college.
- 200,000 BitTorrent Users Sued In The United States in recent months.(TorrentFreak)