EMI bids are due today and insiders are expecting them to be lower than Citi had hoped for because of week capital markets. This could force a split up of the company to get a higher total price tag, according to Bloomberg.
- Judge suggests DMCA allows DVD ripping if you own the DVD. (ars)
- 60 French ISP Account Holders On Their Third Strike - A French authority has sent out more than 650,000 first-strike warnings in its first 12 months of active operations. In excess of 44,000 citizens are now on their second strike. (Torrent Freak)
- Spin Magazine will now only publish every other month in a larger format. (NY Times)
- A VibeDeck user has created a free simple WordPress Plugin for the no fee music sales platform. It's available for download on the WordPress Plugin Directory along with screen shots and step-by-step instructions here.
- iPhone 4S Has Implications for Check-in Services and Music Pirates (DMW)
- Naxos Distribution adds four labels for U.S.: X5 Music Group, Fidelio Music, Pierian Recording Society, and Prelude Records.
- The estate of late-music promoter Stephen Popovich sued Sony for a third time on claims for $3 million in royalties for four albums by Meat Loaf. (CNS)
- Leading production music library ScoreKeepers Music has named Eric Hester as VP of Music Production.