Non-profit CashMusic.org recently snuck out the first officially supported version of its new platform designed to provide free, easy-to-use online tools for artists. Apparently, this is the first of many upgrades and new features in the works.
- A judge has denied EMI's request to immediately shut down used mp3 reseller Redigi. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Sony has merged its PlayStation Network into broader online services rebranded as the Sony Entertainment Network. (PC)
- British artists take largest share of UK album sales since 1997. (Guardian) Adele helped British acts dominate the UK album market last year with their highest share of sales for 15 years
- Megaupload fallout continues as BitTorrent Giant BTjunkie Shuts Down For Good. (Torrentfreak)
- Is Facebook accurately counting its daily active users? (CNet)
- OK Go Shows, Once Again, How Content Is Advertising... And How There Are Many Revenue Streams For Musicians. (techdirt) The Chevy Volt sponsored video has logged 4.3 million views since being upload on Sunday. WATCH: