a deadline of April 2 to rule on the Sony backed purchase of EMI's music publishing arm. EU rivals and customers are also actively being questioned on whether the sale of EMI's recorded music business to of Universal Music Group would lead to higher prices.
- Labels And Spotify Still Struggle To Convince Some Artists On Stream Rates. (paidContent)
- Toto pull Sony Music into digital royalties debate. (CMU)
- Google+ users spend increasingly less time on site. (CNet)
- MTV’s Mobile TV App Lets You Chat and Co-View Content With Your Friends (Mashable)
- EMI exec to run Universal Music Nashville. Mike Dungan set to take reins this summer. (Variety)
- Warner Music has announced two promotions to bolster its digital business development in Europe, the Middle East and Africa - Leanne Sharman and Jacob Key. (Music Week)
- How to: create your own iPhone ringtones (ars)