This Thursday evening in San Francisco, the pariSoma Innovation Loft will be hosting their monthly mixer series, focusing this time on the MusicTech space. The mixer will bring together a wide range of attendees including VC firms, startups, journalists and professionals looking to stay on the cutting-edge of the industry. On display will also be a number of startups demoing their products to attendees.
Some of those startups include:
- Mijoro: The Mijoro Unity Player is a Google Chrome extension that adds “intelligent music playback” to the browser.
- Sonarflow: a visual music discovery app that allows you to swiftly navigate through your music library, discover new music, and create fun playlists in an instant
- Swarm.fm: compliments your normal discovery and listening routine with smart technology and deep personalization, to help surface music you’ll love, all the time
- Moosify: helps you find and meet people who share your taste in music
- Onesheet: allows musicians to set up a web presence in minutes using content from other websites they're already updating by simply connecting to existing social networks
- ConcertCrowd: a Facebook and mobile web App for discovering live music (ConcertCrowd was a Finalist in the SXSW Music Technology Accelerator)
- StrumSchool: a web-based service that uses a curriculum of instructional videos, downloadable documents, and “a dash of personal attentions” to teach aspiring guitar players what they need to know to play any type of music on the guitar
- Rexly: an app that helps friends share and discover music with each other. Users of Rexly can play their on-device iTunes music, share songs to Facebook and Twitter and see what their friends are listening to in iTunes and Pandora.
- Unplugged Instruments Inc: revolutionizing the electric guitar with a fully integrated on-board amplifier so the guitarist will never be tethered to a wall outlet. The guitar will also be able to interface with a smart phone to add effects, recording, looping, and social media applications.