- Turntable.fm is very close to signing deals with at least 3 of the 4 major labels. (CNet)
- Former Ticketmaster top executive Fred Rosen is out as CEO of Outbox, concert ticketing start-up (The Wrap)
- INgrooves Fontana has tapped named former ADA sales executive Amy Dietz as General Manager of the newly merged digital distributor.
- Universal's takeover of EMI poses threat to musical diversity. (Guardian) Merger promises to rescue EMI but would turn Universal into a super-major that could squeeze out independent labels
- Why Some Musicians May Not Own Their Social Media Followers. (Mashable)
- App Power - Some believe that apps are about to revolutionize music marketing. (TNW)
- ReverbNation has launched an HTML 5 Music Player widget that works on so that our artists' fans can listen to their music on iPhones, iPads and iPods.
- Just in time for SXSW, Topspin delivered the “Part II” update to its new “Sharealytics” social media attribution dashboard.
- Mixlr: Social listening for the serious dj. (MTV Hive)