RIAA chief says ISPs to start policing copyright by July 12. (CNet) Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon are among ISPs preparing to implement a graduated response to piracy by July.
- Spotify did not finalize GEMA deal before its German launch. (Music Ally) Meanwhile, Sean Parker says "There's Blood In The Water For Labels" Over Spotify Royalty Payments".
- Nielsen: No evidence of on-demand music streams hurting download sales. (LA Times)
- Nimbit and ReverNation are both launching major changes to how they handle Facebook that take advantage of the new Facebook Timeline.
- Is Rdio going to announce its U.K. launch next week? (GigaOm)
- Deezer now covers all Eastern European countries from Iceland to Russia (46 countries).
- Hear It Local has launched a concert booking and crowdfunding platform that connects fans to local musicians. Smaller venues can also use it to fill their calendars. (Techdirt)
- Joie Manda named President of Def Jam Recordings. He moves from Warner Bros Records' urban arm.
- HMV confirms buyers interested in live music business. (Guardian) Struggling music retailer hopes to sell operator of Hammersmith Apollo and Kentish Town Forum to pay off some of its debts