Record Labels Hope Work For Hire Rules Allow Them To Screw Artists Again", the Guardian writes: "artists mustn't be drawn into an MP3 site's legal fight... Is it in the best interests of musicians to help the founder of an online music locker in his copyright battle with EMI?" Do you agree?
- Vivendi is in talks to dispose of Universal Music assets to smooth way for EMI purchase, CFO Capron tells Bloomberg. No hints yet on what the assets for sale might be.
- Spotify reportedly launching in Germany by mid-March. (GigaOm)
- AT&T Will Throttle Your Unlimited Data Plan (Mashable) Not good news for steaming music and video.
- UK Ticket Reselling Scandal draws in Artists and Managers (AudioPro)
- BSkyB, RTL Group Face EU Antitrust Complaint on TV Rights For Music. (Bloomberg)
- Glenn Peoples analyzes this week's Hypebot post The Fallacy Of Music Like Water and the concepts that spawned it in Billboard. Read Glenn's insights and comeback and join the lively discussion.
- Dorothy Hui has been appointed VP Digital Marketing at Roc Nation.