Cloud storage locker Google Drive launched today. Files are easily shared with others, which in a post Megaupload world won't make labels and other rightsholders - already wary of Google - very happy.
- A Shark in the Harbor - Grooveshark may lose Safe Harbor Protection (Forbes)
- Former EMI exec Cynthia Sexton has been appointed EVP Branding and Licensing, Universal Republic Records & Island Def Jam.
- Universal Music Group received interest from companies including Providence Equity Partners and Bertelsmann AG for music-publishing catalogs it’s selling, according to three people familiar with the situation. (Bloomberg)
- Rethink Music, Day 1 - Web guru Seth Godin (photo), artists DJ Spooky and Amanda Palmer and Spotify's Ken Parks (midem)
- The Tribe Has Spoken: UMG COO Voted Off The Island (Wayne Russo)
- Roger Faxon Considering Life After EMI (FMQB)
- Ticketmaster opens Seattle office led by Amazon vets. (GeekWire)
- Crowdfunding: How Indiegogo Connects Concepts With Cash (Mashable)
- Full length documentary film "CAPITAL C – how the crowd liberates itself" has launched a Kickstarter campaign.