Two views of EMI + Universal: Losing EMI to Universal would be a tragedy, says Pete Waterman. But an EMI exec says, "Universal didn't buy us to destroy us." Or did it? Of course, the deal isn't quite done yet...
- Shaker’s 3D hangout/nightclub built on top of Facebook will launch on June 8th with a little help from Live Nation and BandPage (TechCrunch) Music is central to Shaker with Troy Carter and Scooter Braun among early investors.
- EDMbiz adds Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino and Lollapalooza Founder Perry Farrell to speakers list.
- Rickroll Meme Destroyed By Copyright Takedown (Torrentfreak)
- Tape.tv Raises $6.2 Million To Begin An International Roll-Out. (TechCrunch) It operates like a mix between an online version of MTV and Pandora.
- Mobile App Growth Led by Video Sharing: Is YouTube in the Crosshairs? Maybe so, according to an analysis by Flurry.
- Spotify Deploys Salesforce Rypple for Social Enterprise (CIO) Digital music service Spotify is using employee performance management software from Salesforce.com to drive engagement within the company and make giving feedback more social.
- 6 Spotify Apps for Finding New Music (Mashable)
- New ‘radically simplified’ WordPress is on the way (paidContent)