Google and Facebook are exploring investments in Vevo as part of broader partnerships with the music video service, says today's NY Post. The talks come as each tries to land an advertising pact with Vevo,
- The BPI reveals that digital music accounted for 55.5% of total £155.8m UK music sales in the first quarter of 2012. (Guardian) It's the first time digital has topped 50%
- Is Facebook building an iTunes/Google Play competitor? (CNet) They've got the audience...
- Online media firm Buzzmedia has just acquired EDM magazine and site XLR8R.
- William Morris Endeavor super-agent Ari Emanuel wants you to shut up and pay up. (AllThingsD)
- Could soundtracking games be the future for bands? (Guardian) As video games outsell CDs, artists such as the National and Paul McCartney are queueing up to compose for them
- Facebook Finally Lets Page Admins Schedule Posts, Have Different Roles (Mashable)
- ShareMyPlaylists Relaunches Spotify App Based On Hand-Curated Playlists (TechCrunch)