(UPDATED) MUST READ: Grooveshark Tries To Force Digital Music News To Unveil Commenter, Ignoring First Amendment (techdirt) It's essential to the future of participatory journalism that we support DMN in it's fight against Grooveshark.
- In an earnings call Sirius XM reported a record 22.3 Million Subscribers and 38% jump in earnings. The company also said it is working on a Pandora like radio feature.
- The Jonas Brothers are going d.i.y. having bought back their masters and publishing from Disney owned Hollywood Records.
- Rock Bands' Hottest Tour Stops: Ad Agencies - Madison Avenue Courted By Musicians Seeking Brand Partnerships (Ad Age)
- Mobile Roadie has launched a major group of upgrades including iPad app and mobile web creators.
- Ditto Music adds VEVO to its distribution partners.
- How Artists Get Paid for Internet Radio: An interview with Mike Huppe, President of SoundExchange (Huffington Post)
- How a fake Justin Bieber "sextorted" hundreds of girls through Facebook (ars)
- Instagram captures more than 50 million users (CNet)
- TalentSplash Is A Social Network For Finding Or Becoming The Next Lady Gaga (TechCrunch)