With the goal of creating a "simpler, faster, more social" SoundCloud, the oinline audio platform unveiled a major makeover. Dubbed "The Next SoundCloud", all upgrades are available in beta immediately. Upgrades and changes include:
- A more interactive waveform player
- A simpler attractive profile
- New reposts let friends, fans and followers repost sounds and sets
- Real-time notifications of activity
- Play sounds continuously: press play, explore and keep listening
- "Forget playlists" - Sets let users build collections of sounds you like in one Waveform
- More intuitive navigation, including keyboard shortcuts
- Improved search
SoundCloud will be gradually rolling out access to Next. The company says it will use the beta to make more updates and add additional features based on user input.
Soundcloud users can sign up to be part of the beta here.