Deezer has now launched in 35 countries including Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, Jamaica, Guatemala and others in Central and South America and the Caribbean. The music streamer promises to be in 200 by the end ot the year.
- Facebook officially launches mobile 'App Center'. (CNet) The social network is launching its app store with 600 apps, a key part of its nascent mobile strategy.
- Songza, The Music Streaming Service That Does All Work For You, Launches An iPad App (TechCrunch)
- Twitter Confirms Facebook Integration of Usernames, Hashtags, Photos (Mashable)
- Universal’s Bid for EMI Music Business Faces EU Complaint (BusinessWeek)
- At House hearing, webcasters and broadcasters agree royalty rates "suffocated expansion of industry". (RAIN) Pandora's Westergren: CC/Big Machine deal "one more signal that something is broken" with Internet radio royalties.
- Fiona Apple To Label: Back Off, I'm Connecting With My Fans (Techdirt)
- ScoreaAscore connects composers with producers of commercials and video. (Mashable)
- R.I.P. Bob Welch