Mega music managers The Collective, who also bet successfully on YouTube stars and shows, have bought web video pioneer Metacafe. They're acquiring the video site because they value their sales infrastructure and team, says AllThingsD.
- Is Web Publisher BuzzMedia in Talks to Buy Spin Magazine? (AdAge)
- Metallica Helps FBI In Trying To Catch Va. killer (Pollstar)
- RiP: A Remix Manifesto... Taken Offline Due To Copyright Claim? (techdirt)
- Frank Zappa's Music Back in Hands of Zappa Family Trust (ArtistDirect)
- Rhino’s new Single Note ebooks complement music collections. (DMW)
- A2IM has announced that Victoria Espinel, the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator is giving the keynote at their 7th Anniversary Indie Week in NYC on June 19-21.
- Facebook Begins Ad Bidding System (Bits)
- Rufus Wainwright’s New Music Video Features Fans’ Instagrams (Mashable)