Michael Jackson's back catalog is moving from Warner/Chappell Music to Sony/ATV. Jackson's Mijac Music catalog, which also includes some of funk and soul's biggest hits, will now be under worldwide administration of the company he famously founded and his estate still co-owns.
- After last week's cease-and-desist by Silversun Pickups to Mitt Romney, former Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich is settling with songwriters of Eye Of The Tiger for using their hit during campaign rallies.
- Producers Marco Rodriquez and Andrews Correa have appeared in a court claiming Young Money, founded by Lil Wayne, has refused to pay mechanical royalties and production fees.
- Spirit Music Publishing are crowing about their recent acquisition of the Townshend/Who catalog in the wake of their Olympic performances.
- Motley Crue member Mick Mars has signed with Imagem Music. Mars is a co-writer on some of the '80s rocker's biggest hits.
- Universal Music Publishing's Nashville office is growing its creative team. General Manager Kent Earls announced four new appointments this week.
Courtesy of Songtrust - One-stop royalty collection for songwriters, bands and producers.