The "midemlab: startups & app developers competition" is soon closing for entries, the final selection jury has been named and plans are being finalized for midem in late January in Cannes. Music developers are invited to submit in three categories and will get the opportunity to pitch to the international jury listed below.
midemlab: startups & app developers competition
The midemlab: startups & app developers competition is open to startups and developers through October 31. Applications are accepted in:
- Music discovery, recommendation and creation
- Marketing and social engagement
- Direct to consumer sales and Content Monetisation
midemlab takes place in late January in Cannes and has featured such startups as SoundCloud, The Echo Nest, Songkick and Next Big Sound.
According to a company announcement:
"30 finalists – 10 in each category – will be selected by Music Ally, the UK music business consulting company, and bluenove, the French consultancy specialising in open innovation."
Composition of the jury in each category:
1) Music discovery, recommendation and creation
- Joerg Binnenbruecker, Managing Director, DuMont Venture (Germany)
- Paul Brindley, CEO, Music Ally (UK)
- Axel Dauchez, CEO, Deezer (France)
- Larry Marcus, Managing Director, Walden Venture Capital (USA)
- Patrick Walker, Senior Director EMEA, YouTube Music (UK)
- Nicole Yershon, Director, Innovative Solutions, Ogilvy Group (UK)
2) Marketing and social engagement
- Martin Duval, CEO, bluenove (France)
- Max Niederhofer, VP, Accel Partners (UK)
- Robert Scoble, Technical Evangelist & Managing Director, Rackspace (USA)
- Olivia Solon, Associate Editor, Wired (UK)
- Peter Vesterbacka, CMO, Rovio (Finland)
- Olivier Vigneaux, General Manager, BETC Digital (France)
3) Direct to consumer sales and Content Monetisation
- Gilles Babinet, Digital Champion, European Commission, and Entrepreneur and Chairman, Eyeka/Mxp4/CaptainDash (France)
- Colette Ballou, Founder and President, Ballou PR (UK/France)
- Steve Boom, VP, Digital Music, Amazon.com (USA)
- Urs Cete, Managing Director, Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments (USA)
- Renaud Visage, CTO, Eventbrite (USA)
Hypebot Senior Contributor Clyde Smith (Twitter/App.net) blogs about music crowdfunding at Crowdfunding For Musicians (@CrowdfundingM). To suggest topics for Hypebot, contact: clyde(at)fluxresearch(dot)com.