Despite being a powerhouse in delivering the world’s visual and audio content, YouTube still goes underutilized by a number of artists and music professionals. It’s not that their content isn’t on the platform; instead most are not taking the time to learn how to effectively navigate its inner workings in order to ensure their content is best optimized for views and shares. Recognizing this, YouTube has provided an official “Creator Playbook” that outlines exactly how to effectively utilize the platform.
It includes tips like getting more people to watch your videos and channel, how to cross promote and collaborate with other artists, and content basics like metadata, thumbnails, playlists and channel pages. It also contains information about using YouTube analytics to understand how your content is being viewed along with strategies for building your audience and engagements.
The eBook comes as YouTube now boasts:
- 800 million unique visitors per month
- 4 billion hours of video viewed every month
- 1 trillion views in 2011 (140 views for every human)
- Over one million channels earning revenue in the partner community
- 500 years worth of YouTube videos being watched on Facebook every day
Check out the official YouTube Creator Playbook here.