The company has with all the major music publishers and hosts a lyrics database available in more than 30 languages. "We are now aiming at the second screen & TV experience, and we are going to announce something very cool during the next World Mobile Congress in Barcelona,” said Max Ciociola, CEO & Founder of musiXmatch.
Some more stats from musiXmatch:
- The majority of users come from Android handsets, although iPhone numbers are "growing exponentially"
- 40M sessions per month which led in December to almost 400M screen views, exclusively mobile.
- 60 million impressions in December were generated through Facebook
- They are adding 1 million new users per month since December
- The majority of musiXmatch users come from the U.S. (about 40%)
- UK and Germany are the two most active countries in Europe
- Asia, South Korea and Japan represent 30% of musixmatch’s traffic
- Currently #2nd most used app on Spotify with more than 1.5M hours streamed on December.
Here's a fun promo video: