Spotify and Amazon both released major updates for their Apple product apps today. Amazon added an Amazon Cloud Player app for iPad, now available in the Apple App Store. Users can play or download music stored in the Amazon Cloud Player, and manage or create playlists. Spotify's major app updated for iOS 5 devices includes:
- New Interface - Users can now navigate around the app with a new sidebar, swipe left-to-right, or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left of the app.
- New Now Playing bar - Users can now what they are listening to along the bottom of Spotify. To switch tracks, swipe along it. Tap or drag to see more information about the current track. Tap the cover art in the extended view to use AirPlay, and disable/enable shuffle and repeat.
- New Track menu -Tap the … button on any track to see a redesigned context menu.
- “Track only available online” issues. This would sometimes appear after start-up, or when you’d been offline for a little while. Not any more.
- Lock screen will now always display the correct track.
- Shuffle now switches off after you’ve used “Shuffle Play” on an album or playlist.