BandPage today announced the addition "Experiences", a self-service platform to market and monetize the artist-fan relationship through unique fan experiences. Dozens of startups are focused on direct-to-fan, and several are already experimenting with fan experiences. But BandPage enters the space with the 500,000 musicians already using it's services.
At launch, BandPage Experiences has offerings from 50 artists at all stages of their careers from George Clinton to Nataly Dawn of Pomplamooose, Los Rakas to Slightly Stoopid, and Stars to Zakk Wylde. Some examples:
- Stars will record a custom acoustic cover - $200
- Múm will create a personal song from your sounds -whistling, guitar plonks or poetry- then send you that song on a vinyl 7” - $1,500
- Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde will give a 30-minute personal guitar lesson over Skype - $2,500
- A drum lesson from Slightly Stoopid’s drummer, RyMo - $100
- Free Energy will take you bowling near their Philadelphia practice space after you sit in on rehearsal - $50
- While she’s on tour this year, Nataly Dawn (from Pomplamooose) will cook you dinner, then play a private show in the living room of her airbnb rental - $150+
"Our goal since launching BandPage has been to build useful tools that help musicians make money," BandPage CEO J Sider told Hypebot. "Experiences is the latest extension of that mission."
"Experiences should also help musicians make deeper connections with fans through memories rather than just downloads, CDs and t-shirts." Sider continued. He promised more D2F innovation in the coming months, and has doubled the BandPage team to more than 40 to accomplish it.
The company is opening Experiences to more artists gradually over the coming weeks, with a full rollout by summer. To get on the list, log into your BandPage account on the Experiences tab and sign up. The company retains 15% of all Experience transactions including credit card fees.