By now you must've seen the video from Jimmy Kimmel, catching people lying about being into bands playing at Coachella that the interviewer just made up. How long must it have taken to come up with band names that they knew were fake? Here are some band names that sound made up but aren't.
1) Diarrhea Planet - Try and ask someone to their face, without laughing, if they've ever listened to Diarrhea Planet. I can hear the NPR Fresh-Air interview now.
2) Ghostface Killah - Sounds more like something you'd hear in a murder trial than an artist name.
3) Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. - "Excuse me, did you just say Jr. Jr."
4) Foxygen - The band went for something easy to remember. Think of regular – plain – oxygen, but hot and foxy.
5) Godspeed You! Black Emperor - uhhh
6) Japandroids - I know it's likely a combination of Japan and androids, but it could easy be mistaken for a medical condition.