There's just one week left before the November 8th deadline to submit your music tech startup, product or service to showcase at SXSW Accelerator 2014. The event takes place on March 8-9 as a part of the SXSW Interactive Festival which segues into SXSW Music. SXSW Accelerator is a great place to meet venture capitalists, build brand awareness and attract media attention. Details:
To be eligible:
- A company’s product / service must have launched no earlier than March 15, 2013.
- A company’s product / service must not be launched after June 15, 2014.
- Companies will be allowed to submit only one product / services to the SXSW Accelerator event.
- Companies who submit more than one product / services will not be eligible to participate in the SXSW Accelerator pitch event.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
- Product or service must fall within one of the SXSW Accelerator pitch event categories.
While that there is not a specific music tech category this year, there are several categories that fit most music related startups well. And as a member of the advisory board, I know that the very much want music tech startups to be part of the event.
The deadline to register is Friday, November 8, so visit http://sxsw.com/interactive/accelerator/entry-info today. I've been on the SXSW Accelerator advisory board for several years, so be sure to mention that I - Bruce Houghton / Hypebot - suggested that you apply.