If vinyl pressing plants were busy before, they are about to be positively overwhelmed as the Beatles mono recordings get a deluxe vinyl re-release.The Beatles in mono: that's how most listeners first heard the group in the 1960s. In early September of this year, The Beatles’ nine U.K. albums, the US compiled Magical Mystery Tour, and the Mono Masters collection of non-album tracks will be released in mono on 180-gram vinyl LPs.
Newly mastered from the analogue master tapes, each album will be available both individually and in a limited 14-LP boxed edition, The Beatles In Mono, which also includes a 108-page hardbound book.
Some more details:
- Records cut without using any digital technology using detailed transfer notes made by the original cutting engineers
- a rigorously tested Studer A80 machine was used to play back the precious tapes, the new vinyl was cut on a 1980s-era VMS80 lathe
- Manufactured for the world at Optimal Media in Germany
- 12-inch by 12-inch hardbound book features new essays and a detailed history of the mastering process by award-winning radio producer and author Kevin Howlett
- Illustrated with many rare studio photos of The Beatles, fascinating archive documents, and articles and advertisements sourced from 1960s publications
- Available individually and collected in a limited 14-LP boxed edition