Spotify has teamed with SXSW to share the festival's music experience with those unable to travel to Austin. Users can access Spotify SXSW genre-specific curated playlists on the SXSW 2017 hub on Spotify and within the SXSW GO app.
For those able to experience live some of the 2,200 artists performing at SXSW Music, there are also curated recommendations for each day of the festival. Premium and Free Spotify users can also use the SXSW GO App to generate a custom playlist of SXSW performing artists based on their listening habits on Spotify.
Here is a list of SXSW playlists:
- 10 original SXSW genre-specific playlists curated by Spotify and updated throughout the festival, including:
- Lost In Austin: Country music and artists of SXSW 2017
- SXSW HipHopUpNext: Hip-Hop’s next generation takes over SXSW 2017
- The Rhythm: R&B and the Rhythm of SXSW 2017
- SXSW DJ: Electronic Artists Descend on Austin’s SXSW 2017
- SXSW Rocks: Because everything’s louder in Texas, here’s your SXSW 2017 Soundtrack of everything rocking in Austin
- Austin Pops: Your guide to who’s hot in Austin, Texas during SXSW 2017
- SXSW Latin: Don’t miss the hottest Latin indie acts performing at SXSW 2017
- Roots Rising: SXSW 2017 artists on the rise – from acoustic and Americana to singer/songwriter and roots rock.
- SXSW Best Indie: The guide to all the best indie acts playing SXSW 2017
- SXSW Fresh: Fresh Finds playing SXSW 2017
- A daily curated playlist meant to serve as a guide to each day’s performing artists (available starting March 13, the first day of SXSW Music).
- A new original podcast entitled UNPACKED "bringing together the biggest curators and tastemakers of our time including bands, filmmakers, producers, musicians, app developers, chefs, comedians and more. Through interviews with these tastemakers as they travel to cities around the world."