Music database and vinyl hub Discogs shares a data-driven list of the 20 Most Collected vinyl color variants released in 2017. Beginning with Radiohead's 3xLP blue opaque variation of the 'OKNOTOK' reissue of 'OK Computer' and counting down to the Father John Misty Sub Pop release 'Pure Comedy' in aluminum and copper variant.
Discogs Top 20 Most Collected Vinyl Color Variants of 2017
- Radiohead – OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 - XL Recordings - Blue Opaque
- Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3 - Run The Jewels, Inc - Gold
- Gorillaz - Demon Days - Warner Bros. Records, Parlophone (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Red Translucent
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die - Bad Boy Entertainment (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Red w/ White + Black Splatter & White w/ Red + Black Splatter
- Arcade Fire – Everything Now - Sonovox Records - Blue Translucent
- Kendrick Lamar – DAMN. - Top Dawg Entertainment, Aftermath Entertainment, Interscope Records - Red
- Panda Bear - Person Pitch - My Animal Home (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - White/Blue
- Thundercat - Drunk - Brainfeeder - Red
- Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Death Waltz Recording Company - Red/Black Marbled [Cherry Pie]
- Main Source - Breaking Atoms - Vinyl Me, Please - Orange in Clear
- The National - Boxer - Beggars Banquet (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Gray
- Betty Davis - Betty Davis - Light In The Attic (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Silver & Blue Splatter
- Slowdive – Slowdive - Dead Oceans - Silver
- Tennis - Yours Conditionally - Mutually Detrimental (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Pink/Blue Split
- Kevin Morby - City Music - Dead Oceans (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Orange/White Marble
- David Bowie – The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars - Parlophone - Gold
- Moses Sumney - Aromanticism - Jagjaguwar (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Black & White Splatter
- St. Vincent - Masseducation - Loma Vista (Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive) - Blue [Lapis]
- The National – Sleep Well Beast - 4AD - Blue Translucent
- Father John Misty - Pure Comedy - Sub Pop - Aluminum, Copper
"The color variant data aggregates from Discogs user's adding the release to their collections," says Jeffrey Smith, Public Relations and Strategic Partnerships for Discogs. "Managing collections, no matter how small or large, allows Discogsusers to track to things like median value... and who doesn't like to check up on what their limited edition, red color variant, 2xLP version of Kendrick Lamar's 'DAMN.' is worth?"
Discogs is the world's largest user-built database of music; with a catalog of more than 9,250,000 recordings and 5,000,000 artists, Discogs is the largest physical music database in the world. In addition, Discogs connects buyers and sellers across the globe, with more than 37 million items available and thousands of sellers.