Waner Music tech director Ethan Kaplan recently lectured at USCB and as chronicled in his blog BlackRimGlasses during some "show of hands" surverys found that:
- About 1/3 had a MySpace profile.
- Roughly 90% had FaceBook profiles.
- Five people, all guys had heard of digg
- No one had heard of BoingBoing, Delcious, memorandum or NewsVine.
- About 15 had the Arctic Monkeys CD. None had paid for it.
- Only a few had actually bought music in the last month
- About 20 had heard about the Sony DRM scandal