Hypebot’s New Music Business Briefing For Monday January 29th, 2007
>>> MIDEM may be over but the news just keeps on coming:
- The Orchard has struck a deal with Sanctuary to take of its digital distribution.
- Indie Koch has contracted Intent MediaWorks to distribute content across P2P’s and on websites, social networks,
and blogs. Details were not disclosed.
- Attendees at music industry trade show MIDEM – 10,000+
- Attendees at musical instrument trade show NAMM – 84,000+
- "To be honest I’m afraid of the music industry falling apart," said
Black Eyed Pea will.i.am. "The thing that makes me
nervous is the hesitation that record companies have about the new
>>> French news service AFP published a decent layman’s overview of the music industry’s current woes. (AFP)
>>> The concept of licensing music download at the ISP level may be making a comeback. (MacWorld) Brilliant idea but don’t hold your breath.
>>> Sanctuary posted another loss and is considering selling off more assets. (FMQB)