MySpace Music Launches With EMI Aboard
MySpace Music will re-launch on Thursday morning. EMI will join SONY BMG , Universal, Warner Music Group, Sony/ ATV Music and a number of indies. The debut marks the first phase of an iterative global rollout which will ultimately include premium and promotional content, new user-to-user sharing tools, and additional e-commerce opportunities for artists including merchandise and ticketing.
Starting today in the U.S. and launching internationally in the coming months, the new MySpace Music will also be available in Spanish and fully localized for the MySpace en Español community.
At launch new MySpace Music includes:
- The new, ‘MyMusic,’ personal music management toolset
- Free and unlimited ad-supported, full-length audio streaming
- Free and unlimited playlist functionality
- Free discography and content catalogues for SONY BMG, UMG and WMG artists
- DRM-free MP3 music e-commerce downloads powered by Amazon MP3
- Ringtone e-commerce powered by Jamster