MORE MUSIC INDUSTRY NEWS:
- Last.fm is moving from free to fee outside US, UK and Germany. (Billboard) I'll bet its all in markets where online advertising is not generating revenue.
- AT&T first to test RIAA antipiracy plan. (CNet)
- China Blocks YouTube, Google Tries to Reinstate Access (Epicenter)
- A look at yesterday's Nashville keynote by Rio Caraeff, the executive VP of the eLabs group of Universal Music Group. (Techdirt) Too bad this guy is running Universal.
- Guitar Hero adds new music from the Pixies, Motorhead, Silversun Pickups, Steely Dan and Nirvana.
- Universal Music UK promotes Brian Rose as to managing director of commercial division. (BOC)
- Optimism shadowed by uncertainty at SXSW (CNN)
- Sales Tax Could Apply To Digital Music Under Minnesota Bill (AP)
- Canadian artists' new/old plan: $5 to share music legally (ars)