The Digital Britain report is the UK government's strategic vision for "ensuring that the UK is at the leading edge of the global digital economy" including how it will deal with unauthorized file-sharing. The report also contains recommendations to ensure a "first rate" digital and communications infrastructure and to "protect talent and innovation in the creative industries". Also published today are the Digital Britain Impact Assessments. Download a pdf of Digital Britain here.
- ISPs will have to cut filesharing by 70% under new proposals. (Guardian)
- Music Ally live blogged the presentation.
- Britain seeks to be world's 'digital capital' (AFP)
- Opening up broadband comes with responbilities (Guardian)
- The official forum
- More via Pageflakes here
- BPI slams government’s “digital dithering” (Music Ally)
- Every household in Britain hit with new £6 'broadband tax' to fund national rollout of superfast internet (Daily Mail)