More news from NARM is up and I expect more later today along with some exclusive video. Be sure to check out part 2 of Kyle's interview with the New Rock Star Philosophy duo. Sorry, but I haven't finsihed Part 3 on the The Creative Class & Music. Soon, I promise.
- New iPhone Comes With A Video Bonus For Music Marketers
- Overheard @ NARM
- A Look Inside Topspin's Premium Offerings
- Kyle Bylin interviews the duo behind The New Rockstar Philosophy (Part 2)
- U.S Online Video Views Jump 16% To 16.8 Billion
- Join the discussion: What If You Owned Hypebot?
MORE MUSIC INDUSTRY NEWS:
- Chinese online game publisher Shanda Interactive Entertainment has paid $46.2 million for a 51% stake in Hurray, an artist development, music production and wireless music distributor in China. (DMW)
- Despite a report in Digital Music News, "There is no deal and I never said there was a deal," for A2IM to sign on with the majors to VEVO says A2IM president Richard Bengloff. In fact A2IM has no such authority to make deals for the labels. (Billboard)
- Stockholm court: Pirate Bay judge wasn't biased. (ars)
- Why Vevo could become the Hulu of music. (paidContent)
- Alice In Chains has signed a worldwide deal with EMI's Virgin Records and are gearing up for the release of their first new studio album in more than 10 years.
- Why Deejay Schools Are Thriving in a Recession. (Time)
- Clear Channel radio touts digital growth. Still negotiating with problem lenders. (FMQB)
- MOD Systems has completed deals with all four majors to sell mp3's via its retail kiosks. (press release)