More Music Biz News: Vevo Appp Hits 1M, Kanye Kills Music Mags, H.264 Stays Free, Disopra, F*ck You & More
- Since it’s debut last week, the VEVO mobile iPhone and iPod Touch app has delivered over 1 million downloads and is ranked the #1 Free App and #1 Music App in the iTunes store.
- How Kanye West's Twitter (and a Slate "interview") Killed Music Magazines. (Village Voice)
- Free All Video: The group that licenses patents for the widely used H.264 video encoding and streaming technology has committed to charge no royalties ever for use by Web sites that use it for freely available video.(DeepTech)
- Open souce Facebook competitor Diaspora will launch September 15th. (Diaspora) I'm thinking that we all need to sign up just be supportive. What do you think?
- Cee-Lo’s “F*ck You” (now over 3 million YouTube plays) Ain’t Got Nothing On Gaga’s “Telephone” (TechCrunch)
More Music Industry News & Commentary: