Music Marketing News: Beyonce, Rihanna, Will.i.am, Cee-Lo Green, Robyn, Jane’s Addiction & More
Beyonce adds another fragrance to her Coty Beauty perfume line with the launch of Beyonce Pulse due in September. The launch will include a print and tv ad campaign in 60 countries as well as a related ecommerce, Twitter and Facebook campaign.
Rihanna has signed a three-year deal with The Barbados Tourism Authority to promote tourism to her home country starting with an August 5th appearance in Bridgetown, Barbados as part of her Loud tour.
- Will.i.am Spoke at the Recent Conversational Marketing Summit
- The Grand Prize Winner of the Folgers Jingle Contest, Courtney R., was announced in Times Square on Friday with a performance of The Best Part of Wakin' Up for a panel of judges that included Kara DioGuardi.
- Vintage Frames Company continues its one-of-a-kind frames campaign with a customized pair for Cee-Lo Green. They've done a number of promo events for music celebs from ?uestlove to Lady Gaga but their YouTube channel seems short on views.
- On Monday, Robyn appears in JetBlue's Live From T5 summer concert series at JFK International Airport's Terminal 5 (post security).
- The Chopper webseries starring Tyler Mane has secured a cross-promotion deal with the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival to support the launch of Chopper.
- Playboy bunny Crystal Harris kicked off her pop music career by cancelling her wedding with Hugh Hefner, dropping her first single and releasing her first Funny or Die video making fun of dating old people, all in one day. But, wait, there's more!
- Jane's Addiction and Guitar Center get together for Guitar Center On-Stage: Jane's Addiction, a contest for an usnigned artist to open for Jane's Addiction, $30,000 total in gear and a mentoring session with Jane's management team, Prospect Park.