7 Tips For Turntable.fm Success From DJ Wooooo
Now that Turntable.fm has taken off, confirming my initial positive take, it's also given folks a chance to start testing possible approaches to interaction and self-promotion. One dj who has risen to the top of the relevant charts, DJ Wooooo, recently shared his take on how to be a Turntable.fm superstar.
Ben Popper at Betabeat spoke with DJ Wooooo, who is said to be the "most appreciated" and "most popular" dj on Turntable.fm. Wooooo shared a few idiosyncratic tips for success on this increasingly popular social listening platform:
- Sticking to the genre is key
- But the crowd is very fickle
- They want new and different, but not TOO different
- Mood in the room can shift quickly
- So don’t "set and forget" your DJ queue
- People want to be in the most packed room
- So try and be famous, like DJ Wooooo
DJ Wooooo also states that his emphasis, "as far as song selection goes, it’s a delicate mix of popular songs and experimental tracks." However, he shares this additional bit of advice:
"If you're just yanking songs from Hype Machine without figuring out how they fit the vibe, you'll get called out. Just because some website says they like a song doesn’t mean the Turntable crowd will."
So now you can "try and be famous, like DJ Wooooo"!
Also at Betabeat:
- Diplo Premiered New Tracks on Turntable.fm, the Crowd Went Wild with ‘H8′
- Script Kiddies Go Wild on Turntable.fm!