Blink-182 Promo Integrates w/ SoundCloud, SimpleGeo & More For Premiere
Newly reunited punk-pop rock band Blink-182 recently released their new album, Neighborhoods. In addition to some clever marketing initiatives set forth by the band’s marketing team, Blink-182 has integrated with SoundCloud, SimpleGeo, Envolve, and more to allow their fans to listen to the new album with other people within their own geographic region.
Segmented by real-world neighborhoods and using the fan’s current geographic location, fans can stream the new album on a page that'll display who else in their area is in the same “Room” as them – similar to Turntable.fm.
Here’s a breakdown of who / what was involved in the development:
- SoundCloud - Used the Stream All Audio cross-browser and device in addition to providing a ton of analytics on who’s listening to what.
- SimpleGeo – Powers nearly all of the “geo” features, including but not limited to finding your neighborhood, understanding the shape of it, and seamlessly plotting it on the map.
- Envolve – Powers hundreds of simultaneous chat rooms.
- PolyMaps – SVG-based mapping engine that integrates into SimpleGeo and CloudMade tiles.
- Geocoder – Powers the Address Lookup function with international support backed by some major companies like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Chartbeat – Seamless realtime tracking
- Skeleton – Powers the “elastic” layout that makes the page layout resize nicely down to mobile devices.
This post is by regular Hypebot contributor, music marketer, and musician Hisham Dahud (@hishamdahud)
This was actually awesome. Bands like Blink-182 really get it.
This is a great post.
Thanks for the press. Be sure to check out http://bit.ly/nXqZBy for a list of ALL the tech.
Comments are closed.