It Was A Rollercoaster Week For Spotify
- Another indie label pulled out.
- Artist Zoe Keating's essay "On Spotify, Fairness To Indie Artists & Music's Niche Economy" drew impassioned responses.
- Spotify users were upset over a new requirement for users to have a Facebook account.
- By week's end the company responded with a new "Private Listening" option.
- A new Swedish survey showed again that Spotify replaces piracy though many users are exploring other services.
- As of Friday the new Facebook hookup had caused users to jump from 3.4M to 5.3M in just 1 week.