EU appears ready to slap Facebook with privacy sanctions that cut to the core its business model. (Mashable) With a cloud hanging over it, can Facebook pull off a $100 billion IPO (Wired) which some say could happen as early as April.
- Is Digital Music The Next Eurozone Crisis Waiting To Happen? (paidContent UK) Another brilliant analysis form Mark Mulligan.
- We'll be live blogging tomorrow's "big" Spotify press conference. In the meantime, we're gathering our and other pundit's best guesses as to what they'll be announcing. Stay tuned...
- Pandora, Clear Channel See Growth In October Triton Internet Rankings. (FMQB)
- Pandora CEO Gets a Year's Pay Even If He Is Fired. (BI)
- Merlin adds to its board: Erik Brataas (Phonofile) and Oke Göttlich (finetunes).
- Slacker is now available in all Ford SYNC AppLink equipped vehicles.
- Songza has launched a an Android app optimized for the Kindle Fire app available:
- Is my passion for Spotify destroying the musicians I love? (Mecury News)
- MakeMusic announced it has acquired selected assets of Recordare. the California-based Internet music publishing and software company. (Star Tribune)
- Former Warner Bros Dir. Pop Promo Keith Rothschild Named VP Promotion/Managing Partner At in2une Music (All Access)