NEWS BRIEF: Indies Battle EMI Sale, iTunes Int’l, AC/DC & Hendix Apps, Zya, RIAA vs. MP3’s & More
The Battle Begins: Universal's takeover of EMI "bad news for almost everyone", say independent labels. (NME) Some EU based indie publishers are vowing to fight the EMI Publishing sale to Sony, as well.
- iTunes may open in Brazil before Christmas. (TNW) It's exciting to see digital music companies going international with increasing speed, and rightsholders finally letting them.
- More iTunes Match answers: DJ sets, how to replace music, and more. (ars)
- AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix get new iPhone and iPad apps. (TheAppSide)
- Music Creation and Social Platform Zya Goes Live (DMW)
- Spotify is now available on Philips Streamium Wireless Hi-Fi component systems.
- When MC Hammer Visited Twitter…(BI)
- As Expected, RIAA Threatens Site That Claims To Let You Sell Used MP3s (Techdirt)
- WORTH WATCHING: PeelPost – upload your band or venue promo poster and share it across the web. Simple. Effective. Free.