Amazon getting cloud-music rights, may match iCloud - Amazon is close to wrapping up negotiations with music labels that should result in more features for the company's cloud music service, sources tell CNET.
- Report: Apple’s Ping is dead with next iOS update (Digital Trends)
- MP3 reseller ReDigi Launches Artist Syndication Program providing payments to artists and adds iTunes download sale option.
- Gracenote Acquires Bulldog United to Enhance its Smart TV A/V Tracking Platforms.
- More Exec Changes @ UMG - Jessica Rivira is now SVP/Co-Head of East Coast Operations. Previously, she was VP/Creative, Urban Music, East Coast and Randall Abrahams has been appointed as managing director of Universal Music South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa.
- ShareMyPlaylist has revamped it's popular iOs and Spotify apps.
- Why The Wanted Play Gay Clubs: Marketing, Music And The LGBT Community's Mainstream Music Clout (Billboard.biz)
- James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond Implicated Himself in 1994 Tupac Shakur Attack: Court Testimony. (Village Voice)
- The Sweet Taste Of Defeat: Band Must Pay Legal Fees For Frivolous Lawsuit Over One Used CD On eBay (Techdirt)