The Week In Music Publishing 8.17.12
Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney got slapped with a cease-and-desist by rockers Silversun Pickups for playing their song Panic Switch at a campaign event.
- Cantora Records – famed for signing MGMT – have combined forces with Imagem Music to create a publishing venture designed to develop new songwriting talent.
- Reservoir Media Management is partnering with Blackground Records to represent Blackground's catalog worldwide – including the first new music in a decade to feature late R&B star Aaliyah.
- ole MusicBox has acquired over 3,000 songs from production music company Auracle Music Inc.
- On the eve of their 10th anniversary tour, emo rockers Taking Back Sunday have announced a publishing deal with Razor & Tie Music Publishing.
- SESAC announced its signing of TV and film composer Timothy Andrew Edwards, whose credits include Get Him To The Greek and Ellen.
Courtesy of Songtrust – One-stop royalty collection for songwriters, bands and producers.